Competition Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and the Prize form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via Internet only.
2. Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older (Entrants). The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this competition are ineligible to enter the competition.
3. The competition starts at 10.00am (AEDT) on 11 August 2012 and ends at midnight (AEST) on 31 August 2012 (Competition Period).
4. The draw will take place at midday (AEST) on 2 September 2012 at Spicers Retreats Hotels and Lodges Group Office, Chelmer Qld 4068. The winner will be notified in writing via email. The winner’s name and locality will be published on www.spicersgroup.com.au on 3 September 2012. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. To enter the competition, Entrants must, during the Competition Period, become a registered member of the Promoter’s email mailing list by logging on to http://www.spicersgroup.com.au/friend-of-spicers (Competition Website) (directly or by clicking a link provided in any electronic advertising material provided to the Entrant) and fully and correctly completing and successfully submitting the online form, including providing the Entrant’s full name and current and valid email address.
6. Once an Entrant has submitted a valid completed online form they will automatically receive one (1) entry into the competition. Maximum of one (1) entry per Entrant for submitting the online form. Any subsequent entry after the first valid entry is received for submitting the online form will be deemed invalid.
7. Entrants may invite friends or relatives to become a registered member of the Promoter’s email mailing list and to enter the competition. To invite friends or relatives, Entrants must submit their friends’ or relatives’ names and email addresses (and any other required information) in the manner required and where indicated when completing their entry.
8. The operation of the referral mechanic referred to above is subject to the Spam Act 2003. An Entrant may refer a particular friend or relative only once during the Competition Period and Entrants who have already entered the competition cannot be referred as friends or relatives by a subsequent Entrant. Each Entrant’s relative or friend nominated must be an Australian resident and be aged 18 years or older. Each Entrant warrants that any and each friend or relative that they nominate is known to them personally and that they have permission to send email communications to such persons.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) tampering with the entry process; (b) submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) if the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
10. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
11. The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
12. Any costs associated with accessing the Competition Website remain the responsibility of each Entrant and are dependent on the Internet service provider used. Any contact details entered incorrectly on the Competition Website shall be deemed invalid and will result in an ineligible entry.
13. Prize: The first eligible entry randomly drawn from all entries received will win two (2) night’s accommodation at one of the seven (7) Spicers properties for the winner and one (1) companion (aged 18 years or older), valued at $3499.00 (Prize). Any unused portion of the prize is lost.
14. The Prize also consists of flights and car hire to the value of $500 total, as booked by a Spicers representative and value based on origin of winner and current travel rates.
15. All additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of the Prize, are the responsibility of the winner and companion. Such additional costs include, but are not limited to, additional meals, beverages, room service, telephone calls, laundry services, spending money, other transfers, taxes including arrival and departure taxes (if applicable), insurance, travel insurance, passports and visas (if applicable). The winner may be required to present a credit card at time of accommodation check-in.
16. All components of the Prize must be booked and travelled in full by 3 September 2013 otherwise the unused portion of the Prize is forfeited. Redemption of the Prize is subject to availability and may be dependent on availability, specific room category availability and travel ‘blackout’ periods applying (including school holidays and public holidays). The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with accommodation discounts or special offers. Accommodation to be booked directly with the individual Spicers Retreat, Hotel or Lodge using Prize gift vouchers and the contact numbers provided to the winner.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner (and their companion) to produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction at its sole discretion) in order to confirm their identity and age before issuing the Prize.
18. The Promoter may conduct such further draws at the same time and place as the original draw as is necessary on 30 September 2012 in order to distribute the Prize if unclaimed by that date, subject to any written directions given under applicable State or Territory legislation.
19. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless otherwise indicated). The Prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize values. The Prize value is the recommended retail price including GST.
20. Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the competition and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid.
21. Any attempt to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the Competition Website or the information on the Competition Website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
22. An entry and any copyright subsisting in an entry irrevocably becomes, at time of entry, the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about an Entrant to include the Entrant in the competition and, where appropriate, award the Prize.
23. If the Prize or element of the Prize becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.