Spicers Peak Lodge is located in Queenslnand's Scenic Rim, overlooking the World Heritage Listed Main Range National Park, the Great Dividing Range and close to the Granite Belt wine region. The property is 2 hours' drive from Brisbane straight along the Cunningham Highway.
1) Exit Brisbane Airport following the signs to the city and turn on to the Gateway motorway (1) which leads to the Gold Coast.
2) Follow signs to Ipswich/Toowoomba, pass the toll. You will veer right to Ipswich/Toowoomba onto another toll road. Continue along and you will be on the Ipswich Motorway and pay another toll.
3) Soon after the toll you will merge with the Ipswich Highway and go past Goodna and Redbank. Stay in the left lane to turn onto the Cunningham Highway (15) at the ‘To Warwick’ sign.
4) Your destination is Cunninghams Gap which is the pass through the mountains. Drive through Aratula township and head up the mountain. ATTENTION: DO NOT take Spicers Gap sign to left.
5) When you reach the top, continue for about 6kms, pass a service station on your left hand side. Take the next turn left into South Branch Rd.
6) Proceed up the hill and through the cattle grid following all signs to Spicers Peak Lodge. Proceed straight along and up the hill to the top (about 12kms). Drive with caution and please watch out for our free-roaming wildlife.
1) Head on the motorway towards Brisbane.
2) Take the exit for Ipswich/Toowoomba (half way between the Gold Coast and Brisbane). Continue and you will be on the Ipswich Motorway and pay another toll. Then follow from Step 3 under the Brisbane instructions.
Given the scale and beauty of this unique area, it is no surprise that helicopter is a mode of travel often employed by guests.
Transfer coordinates: UTM – GPS system 56 438 227 E. 68 90 393 N. OR 28° 06 .46 S 152° 22 .27 E. Helipad certified for daylight operations only. On booking, please advise if you will require its use. Please have the Pilot call the Reception Desk (07) 4666 1083 for assistance with your luggage five minutes before arrival.
The final 20 km drive is on gravelled roads passing wildlife and our cattle breeding farm along the way. If raining, please call Reception before arrival as some tracks may be 4WD access only. Parking is provided at the base of the mountain and our team will gladly escort you to the Peak in one our all terrain 4WD vehicles.